First we will welcome you with a warm smile! Then you will complete our initial questionnaire located in the New Patient Center under online forms. (Please feel free to fill this out ahead of time as it will save you time on your first visit)
Next, you will have a consultation with Dr. Sullivan to discuss your health-related problems and concerns. The initial visit is designed for Dr. Sullivan to learn more about you, your condition and expectations to determine how chiropractic care can meet your goals.
After your consultation, a complete chiropractic examination utilizing the most state of the art diagnostic equipment will be performed.
1) ROLLING THERMAL SCANS - The first part of this examination process involves reading spinal heat differences from one level of the spine to another, as well as from one side of the spine to the other. Heat is a byproduct of circulation, which is controlled by the autonomic nervous system. From this we can see how subluxations may be affecting the function of your nervous system.
2) sEMG SCANS - The second part of this examination is on the surface of your spinal area to evaluate surface electrical impulses and measure them along your spine. This helps measure the effect of subluxations on the motor nerve system and the affect subluxations may be having on your muscles. Both of these scans are non-invasive and very comfortable
3) POSTURE CHECK & WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION
All of these tests are performed to identify any areas of neural compromise which could adversely affect the way your body functions and ultimately effect your overall health.
Digital X-Ray Studies
Depending on your specific condition, we may take DIGITAL X-RAYS as well. X-rays help us develop the most effective care plan for you and alert us of any serious spinal conditions. Most people are amazed once they see their X-rays up close. In some cases, they can even identify their misalignments and degeneration themselves.
Report of Findings
Once the initial evaluation is complete, you will be scheduled for a follow up appointment where Dr. Sullivan will give you a detailed report of the exam findings, recommendations for care and answer all questions including:
- Can chiropractic help me?
- How often do I need to come in?
- How long will it take?
- How much will it cost?
Your 1st Adjustment!
At the conclusion of the report of findings you will receive your first chiropractic adjustment. Dr. Sullivan will demonstrate exactly what an adjustment looks like before the 'real thing' so you are completely comfortable before any care is rendered. Most people are surprised as to how comfortable and gentle adjustments can be.