At BC Family Chiropractic, we take great pride in providing the finest chiropractic wellness care to our patients. Below is a sampling of the different chiropractic services we offer.
Pregnancy & Pediatric Care
Dr. Sullivan specializes in caring for pregnant moms, infants and children. He is the only chiropractor in the area certified from the Academy of Family Practice and Council on Chiropractic Pediatrics (an additional 2 years of training). Adjustments to a pregnant mom, infant or child are quite different from the average adult. They are very gentle and highly specific. Most parents report that their children LOVE getting adjusted and look forward to follow up visits. In fact, most siblings race back to get adjusted first! Visit our pages on pregnancies and pediatrics for more information.
We provide advanced spinal correction utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Douglas Sullivan has years of training and experience in spinal adjustment. Below is a list of some of the techniques we use in the office;
- Precision Spinal Correction - This is the primary technique that Dr. Sullivan uses. It is a postural corrective type of technique that uses a 'drop' table. It is very similar to CBP for those who know about different forms of adjustments.
- Webster's (for pregnancies) - A specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment that restores proper alignment to the pelvis. This technique has been shown to reduce the effects of intrauterine constraint, allowing the baby to get in the best possible position for birth.
- Drop - This technique utilizes a special 'drop' table that lifts up and drops an inch or so under different parts of your body while your laying down. This technique is very comfortable for most people.
- Diversified - Typically referred to as 'traditional chiropractic.' This technique is where people usually hear and feel things move. This is a high velocity, low amplitude thrust designed to restore proper movement and alignment to the spine.
- Activator - A hand held, low force, high speed adjusting instrument. This is a very gentle adjustment for those who are timid of getting adjusted or perhaps have advanced arthritis.
- Toggle Recoil - A specific adjustment done with a drop table while lying on the side to the upper 2 segments of the spine.
We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles and connective tissues can be out of place or strained by improper alignment and use. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health.
We often find it helpful to "coach" our patients on certain activities they should avoid or do differently to avoid aggravating their particular health challenge. Our goal is to help every patient achieve a fulfilling and happy lifestyle full of the activities they enjoy most. We recognize that each our patient is a whole person, and help them reach true health and wellness is a collaborate effort between our professionals and our patients.
We provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and healthy food choices to enhance our patient´s return to optimal health. Do you know which supplements and vitamins are good for you? Do you know how these supplements and vitamins interact with one another? Dr. Douglas Sullivan can provide a structured nutritional program based on your individual needs.
Spinal & Postural Screenings
Posture and spinal screenings can reveal important health information and unlock the door to improved health and well-being. We provide screenings at area malls, community events, health fairs and places of employment. Contact us today to arrange a screening at your event or workplace.